- Where you were born and raised
- Where you currently live
- Your artistic influences and where you draw inspiration
- Your medium(s)/technique(s)of choice and why
- Whether you're self-taught or received formal education/tutelage
- Artists you've worked under/with
- Prizes and awards you've won
- Exhibitions that you’ve taken part in
- Collections (both private and public) which include your work.
- I am a Dutch-based animal and travel photographer. During an African safari a couple of years back I rediscovered my passion for wild animals. As a child I was fascinated by the big cats. As an adult, I am drawn by most of the African wild life and photograph the animals in their habitat. I intend to capture their soul and remind us of their vulnerability. While my subject is the animals themselves, I aim at going beyond documentation and convey the magical, mysterious quality of wild life in a fine-art style, by mixing the two photography styles.
- Her work centres on a fusion of traditional imagery and digitally enhanced motifs, interweaving in a fairy tale surreal composition. Additionally featured are select pieces from 'Ecology' and from 'Self-Gazing'.
- This photograph shows a group of elephants gathering at a waterhole in Africa. I captured this image on a photo safari in Kenya. Later I manipulated the photograph by compositing and slightly changing the background to create a softer and colourful feel. The focus still being on the animals and the tree which I left in full colour so they stand out from the background.
I think it is a striking piece of art which because of its look is timeless and modern at the same time and fits well with different interiors.
Keywords: photography, resting, safari, savannah, togetherness, travel, tree, fine art, family, giraffe, group, landscape
- LKeywords: bizarre, surrealism, french chateau, animal, eccentric, giraffeess
- Mixing documentary and fine-art photography, I create a fine balance of contemporary creativity. Her work centres on a fusion of traditional imagery and digitally enhanced motifs, interweaving in a fairy tale surreal composition. Additionally featured are select pieces from 'Ecology' and from 'Self-Gazing'. All work is available in strictly limited edition sizes: small (33 x 50cm) edition of 10 plus 2AP; medium (58 x 88cm) edition of 5 plus 2AP, large (83 x 125cm) edition of 3 plus 1AP, and XL edition of 3 plus 1AP where available. All prints are Giclée on Hahnemühle Photo Rag Pearl paper, except XL which is Permajet Fibre-Based 'Royal' 325gsm. Artworks come accompanied with a certificate of authenticity signed which can be attached to the back of the print once framed.